Does your Current IT Contract have less than 6 weeks to run?
If your current IT contract has less than six weeks to run, you will know that now is the time to start looking for your next one. What you might not be quite so aware of, however, is that many of the very best contracts and rates are no longer being offered by agencies, but directly by the user organisations themselves. The contracting marketplace is changing and superb opportunities exist for the freelance specialist to contract directly with user organisations, without the need for a margin-hungry recruitment agency sitting in the middle. The difficulty faced by the contractor is to actually find these genuine direct contracting opportunities without spending hours trawling through the internet. In the IT contracting sector, Contract Spy addresses this problem specifically.
Contract Spy brings genuine direct contract opportunities straight to your inbox, thereby giving you easy access to the very best current direct contracts.
Contract Spy is the UK's only Direct Contract Aggregator.
Why Should I Contract Direct?
- Typically, a higher rate is on offer from the client than would be available if the same contract was being offered via an agency intermediary. This is because there is no agency intermediary to take a margin out of the pot.
- It is the more enlightened and higher-tier organisations which are offering opportunities directly to freelancers, as they are the ones with the developed in-house infrastructure; increasingly, the very best contracts are now getting nowhere near the agency sector (see below for examples).
- The client becomes your client, not the agency's, and this enables you to build a client portfolio which is genuinely your own.
- You have immediate direct access to your client right from the outset, leading to fewer delays (and a better chance of landing the contract, since as we know, time is of the essence in contract negotiations).
- Direct access makes it easier to negotiate specific contract terms, such as home/remote/flexible working arrangements.
- Direct contracting makes it much easier for the freelancer to secure a working status outside of the HMRC IR35 regulations, making self-employed status much more transparent. Indeed, the very act of subscribing to the Contract Spy service will, ipso facto, indicate your serious freelancer credentials.
So, What Is Contract Spy?
We provide an electronic Daily Digest, sent to your inbox (computer or mobile) every working day of the year, containing links to the very latest direct IT contracts that are being offered in the UK marketplace. To indicate our service, over the last month alone, we have featured direct contract opportunities from the following organisations (with daily rates ranging from £130 to £2,500):
Yorkshire Building Society, Accenture, Dyson, Expedia, Raytheon, Clifford Chance, Police Mutual, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, RAC, Whitbread, TSB, Pension Protection Fund, HSBC, Keytree, CACI, Vitality Health, nPower, Tokio Marine HCC, Prudential, Frontline Group, VCMS, Financial Conduct Authority, Kindred Group, Flypay, River Island, Kainos, Salmon Consulting, Schroders, Version1, Ernst & Young, General Dynamics, DWP, Deloitte UK, The Home Office, RWE Innogy, GDS, Accuity, Sony Entertainment, Defra, TESM, Acutest, Ageas UK, iSys Data Solutions, City Change Management, TCS, Barclays IB, Norton Rose Fulbright, JP Morgan, Adaptive Financial, Cognizant, Reed Business Information, Infotel, HMPO, KPMG, Avis Budget Group, Mozaic Services, Worldpay, Nomura Holdings, RELX Group, Ciber, Mansion House Consulting, Ministry of Defence, Mosaic Island, ECS, Olive Jar Digital, etc.
Actual direct contracts featured, in the same period, include the following:
SQL DBA, Digital Strategy Consultant, Solution Architect, IT Business Analyst, BI Project Manager, Java Developer (Cloud Services), Senior Digital Product Owner, Linux System Administrator, Cloud Engineer (DevOps), Scrum Master, Implementation Project Manager, IT Performance Tester, Digital Analytics Tracking Lead, IT Project Manager, Business Analyst (Agile), Integration Support Analyst, Software Architect, Core Java Technical Developer, PHP Developer, Programme Manager, Data Modeller, Digital Performance Specialist, Senior Software Developer, Senior Web Applications Developer, Business Analyst, Senior Project Manager, Network Engineer, MI Analyst/Developer, DevOps Engineer, C# Developer, 3rd Line Desktop Support, Full Stack Developer, IAM Consultant, Application Solution Specialist, UX Designer, Test Automation Engineer, BI Developer, Digital Content Strategist, Java Developer, Senior Oracle EBS Developer, .NET Developer, Cyber Security Project Manager, Computer Science Tutor, iOS/Android Developer, Open Source Software Designer, Linux Engineer, CRM Business Analyst, ERP Technical Lead, Training Consultant, etc.
We monitor over 1800 end-user websites and over 70 job boards on a daily basis to bring you this information.
- We save you valuable time in bringing you only genuine direct contracts. Many contract requirements which appear to be direct are actually fixed term employment offers, or are being offered covertly by agencies.
- We are the only service to offer this raw data to contractors; unlike other services, we gain no revenue whatsoever from employers.....we work entirely on behalf of the contractor, so we never have any conflict of interest.
- You are not locked-in to a lengthy contract, which means that you can dip in and out of the service according to your contracting cycle. There is a monthly subscription fee (fully tax-deductible) which you can cancel at any time, and is conveniently payable via PayPal. For our long-term subscribers, who use our service to populate their own bespoke direct client portfolios, we now offer the option of an annual subscription, with a saving of 50%, payable via Direct Debit from your business bank account via GoCardless, and backed by the DD Guarantee Scheme.
Best of all.....the Contract Spy Daily Digest can be delivered straight to your inbox, every working day, for just £29.99 per month.
So, to keep abreast of all the latest direct IT contract opportunities, to seize control of your working life back from the agencies, to find your next contract, and to build your own client portfolio....just click below: